The Official Anthem of Protectionist Mania 2009

♠ Posted by Emmanuel in , at 3/19/2009 08:45:00 AM

I'm strapped for time but, in light of this place becoming the International Protectionist Economy Zone, here's my choice for this year's new official song. This one is off Jamaican disco goddess Grace Jones' classic album from 1980, Warm Leatherette. I was inspired to look for this song appropriately entitled "Bulls--t" on YouTube and, sure enough, here it is. I suggest they play it at the next G-20 meeting before proceedings get underway:

And if I wander down the wrong road,
It's alright baby, just let me go,
If I get tired of all those a--holes,
It's alright cause' I want them to know.

I'm sick and tired of all this bulls--t,
Rough s--t, same s--t

Juice protectionism, mining protectionism, trucking protectionism..I really am tired of these never-ending variations on a pathetic theme.