- Uncle Sam goes from a beggar to more than holding his own against a panda (representing China) by the clip's end--not quite consistent;
- The chorus stresses interdependence a bit too much for my tastes;
- Since the scriptwriters are billing this as a primer on the upcoming G-20 summit, shouldn't there be some talk about Germany as well as others complaining about US actions like Brazil?
- Why is "Timmy G" being sent by Obama to rat-ta-tat-tat his gat at PRC currency miscreants? He doesn't strike me as very tough since he's continually refused to designate China a currency manipulator. Also, his most memorable China incident was being laughed off at PKU when asked whether the PRC's dollar holdings were safe;
- The animators missed this great opportunity to show Bernanke helicopter dropping wads of cash around the globe (please make this the subject of your next video feature!)
- It's not really the use of the dollar as a vehicle currency but rather it's use as a reserve currency that buoys it. For the difference between a flow (less important) and a stock (more important) concept in foreign exchange, see a previous post.