|Like a bat out of hell: Next stop ought to be Raqqa, Syria.|
While I will certainly miss his amateurish Marxist comic stylings, I think he has the perfect next job lined up as the finance minister of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria. The obviously moronic titling--how can you have a state within two other, internationally recognized states--should appeal to the media-hungry joker. It's a match made in hell since the ISIS folks are cut from exactly the same cloth. Their attitudes and behaviors are certainly similar:
1. Thumb your nose at Western capitalist scum;
2. Run a post-nation "state" united by radical ideology;
3. Use social media in all sorts of lurid ways;
4. Fund operations by raising money through creative means; and
5. Have total conviction that you are right and everyone else is wrong.
Varoufakis, ISIS is your dream job. Book a ticket for Turkey pronto and cross its southern border. From failed state to rogue state, his trail of destruction will run deep and wide.