Case Closed: Brits are American Wannabes

♠ Posted by Emmanuel in at 4/19/2008 06:19:00 PM
For better or worse, the Brits are the most American-like of the Europeans. Worse, Brits seem to take up the worst of Americana. You can of course say that I have things the other way around historically speaking, but still: On this side of the pond, we've got lots of tanking subprime loans, debt-addled households, overweight folks, and this monstrosity above. I was enjoying a nice quiet lunch at my place when the "vehicle" pictured here rolled into the Shell gas station across the street. If there is an automotive contraption in poorer taste than a pink stretched Suburban limo, I have yet to come across it. (I was kind of disappointed that the accursed thing didn't have a flamingo hood ornament, actually.) From what I can tell, the wretched thing is even left-hand drive [!] Call it the Britneyfication of Britain, but things are surely getting worse. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to look up the contact details of that curmudgeonly arbiter of taste, Prince Charles, to spare me from further ghastliness...