- 62% of companies surveyed are already reducing their business travel footprint.
- A further 24% of companies are currently developing plans to do so.
- 89% of companies expect they will want to fly less over the next 10 years.
- 85% of companies say that videoconferencing can help them reduce their flying.
- 89% of companies believe that videoconferencing can improve their productivity.
You can also view a videoclip on the WWF site that makes the point "we're headed for an economic downturn anway so there won't be as much demand for air travel." Of course, the world's largest airport management company, BAA, has its own blurb on how the environmental impacts of air travel can be mitigated while providing more travel options. Me? I'll take the Trans Europe Express, thank you much.